How can local authorities help fellow citizens combat and prepare for the consequences of drought, floods, air pollution, land degradation, deforestation and rising sea levels? What financing options exist at the local level, and how can practitioners access investment tools such as the Green Climate Fund?
These and topics will be the focus of a training course developed and implemented in close cooperation with the climate finance experts from the UN Capital Development Fund (UNCDF). Special attention will be given to Green Public-Private partnerships and climate funds which are key to developing strong climate resilience plans and catalysing joint action. The course will take place in The Hague from 17 to 22 July 2017.
This course will help you:
- Understand how local climate resilience plans can contribute to the global development goals, the environment, economic development and improve the quality of life of citizens in your community;
- Learn about tools to assess local vulnerabilities with respect to climate, natural disasters and food security;
- Increase your insight in effective strategies for climate change adaptation and mitigation;
- Learn about opportunities for funding local climate initiatives, engagement of the private sector and financing experiences in other countries;
- Familiarise yourself with the tools for facilitating stakeholder dialogues in the public and private realms;
- Integrate climate resilience plans in the municipal policy process through designing SMART-action plans and applying lessons from examples in the Netherlands.
After this course, you will receive a professional certificate of completion from The Hague Academy for Local Governance.
This course is intended for professionals from government agencies, civil society and non-governmental organisations who work directly to implement and support policies which combat the effects of climate change.
The course fee is € 2450,-. This includes all training-related costs, as well as drinks, lunches, training materials and travel during the training programme. Travel to and from The Hague and accommodation is not included. Group discounts are available if you participate with three of more colleagues in this course. Email us for more information. The course language is English.
If you have questions regarding this programnme, please contact us at email@example.com or call +31-70-3738695.
The deadline for applications has passed. However, The Hague Academy will accept applications if funding has been allocated and if obtaining a visa is not an issue. Learn more about the application procedure >>