Fiscal Decentralisation and Local Finance will be the Academy’s first open course in 2019. Designed with the practitioner in mind, this course will introduce the four pillars of fiscal decentralisation and discuss relevant tools for income generation at the local level.
As a participant, you will analyse fiscal decentralisation in your country, receive tools for managing local finances and explore possibilities for public-private cooperation.
The course is intended for professionals charged with designing and implementing (fiscal) decentralisation processes, public sector reform programmes, public service delivery or financial management. Individuals working for the national, regional or local governments, or donor and development organisations will find the course especially relevant.
This course addresses the following questions, among others:
- How can fiscal relations between national and local authorities be improved?
- How can local authorities raise their income and finance basic services for the poor?
- And how can citizens actively help set spending priorities and hold their governments accountable?
- The deadline for all regular applications is 14 December 2018.
- The course will take place from 11 to 22 February 2019.
- Group discounts are available if you participate with three or more colleagues.
- For questions or more info about this course, please contact us at email@example.com or call +31(70) 37 38 695.