We develop training programmes for:
- mayors and deputy mayors, members of the municipal executive, council members;
- managers and staff members of municipalities, national governments and public service organisations;
- active citizens and NGOs cooperating with local governments;
- policy makers, project managers and consultants at donor, development and consultancy organisations.
Course participants include, amongst others:
Local Government Department Peshawar Pakistan, Deputy Commissioners Office Mysore India, Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives Zambia, Tehran Municipality, Irish Aid, USAID in Senegal, Moldova and Pakistan, Temeke Municipal Council Tanzania, Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs, SDC Mongolia, GIZ in India, Ghana and Uganda, UNICEF Benin, Chemonics International, United Nations Office for Project Services Serbia, UNCDF, DANIDA Pakistan, Afghanistan Information Management Services, Ministry of Economy and Finances Burkina Faso, Lampung Province Government Indonesia, Ministry of Finance and Economic Development Sierra Leone, Islamic Development Bank, Helvetas Kosovo, Ministry of Regional Development and Planning Tunisia, South African Provincial Treasury Local Government Budget Management Office, Kasese Municipal Council Uganda, United Nations Stabilisation Mission Congo, SIDA Liberia, United Nations Interim Forces in Lebanon, UNDP Yemen, African Development Bank.
Participants to our open subscription courses and tailor-made programmes also engage in field visits to get better acquainted with different international concepts, frameworks, tools and practices that broaden their views on local governance.
These visits, as well as innovative exercises, offer a chance for participants to experience governance from a truly local perspective.
Examples of study visits in and outside The Netherlands:
- Amsterdam Integrity Bureau
- Business incubator Yes! Delft
- Court of Audit of The Netherlands
- Culemborg Municipality, a sustainable urban-development community
- Dutch Delta Works
- EU Anti-corruption Agency
- European Commission
- Father Centre The Hague (gender equality project)
- Genesis farm, Municipality of Bishoftu (Ethiopia)
- Green roofs and smart farming, Rotterdam
- House for Democracy and the Rule of Law
- Local Communities Support and Loan Fund (Tunis)
- Local Economic Development projects (Jordan, Palestine)
- Ministry of Interior (Morocco, Tunisia)
- Ministry of Labour (Jordan, Tunisia)
- Municipalities of Amsterdam, Eindhoven, The Hague, Rotterdam, Westland and many more
- Ombudsman The Hague
- Province of South Holland
- Public Prosecutor’s Office
- Radio Netherlands Training Centre (RNTC)
- Regional Police Haaglanden
- Room for the River’-project and Dutch Water Authorities