The Stability Through Resilience (STR) programme (2017-2020), funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (ARC fund), is implemented in West- and South Darfur by VNG International, ZOA and World Relief and focuses on addressing the root causes of conflict, instability and irregular migration by contributing to increased human security, increased resilience and improved livelihoods. The general programme focuses on three objectives:
- Strengthened inclusive Community Based Conflicts Prevention and Resolution Mechanisms reduce the number of newly arising conflicts (prevention) and resolve increased numbers of existing conflicts;
- Conflicts over access to natural resources including water and grazing land sustainably reduced;
- Vulnerable groups have enhanced access to livelihood opportunities through using market driven approaches.
The Hague Academy, as an implementing partner of VNG International, is responsible for delivering a series of capacity building activities on the topics of decentralisation, inclusive governance, social accountability, gender and conflict sensitive planning & budgeting and dialogue & conflict resolution. The capacity building modalities used include Training of Trainers (ToT), coaching teams of national trainers during trainings in Darfur, distant coaching and facilitating action plan follow-up workshops.
- Build the capacities of a team of national trainers to become effective VNGI / THA trainers and coaches;
- Strengthen the capacities of the team of national trainers and programme beneficiaries (CSOs and Local Authorities) on the topics of decentralisation, inclusive governance, social accountability, gender and conflict sensitive planning & budgeting and dialogue & conflict resolution;
- Support the CSOs and local authorities to develop and implement action plans at organisational level.
- ToT graduates, series of training of trainers, action plans, action plan follow-up workshop.
- VNG International
- World Relief