The Hague Academy for local governance designed and delivered a 7-day training on inclusive Governance and Leadership in Lebanon in June 2018. The training was delivered to 12 highly talented professionals who work either in the central departments of the ministry of social affairs and in the local development centers across Lebanon and who deal directly with the service delivery for both Syrian refugees and Lebanese host communities.
- Provide the participants with the leadership skills to enable them to affect positive change in social service delivery in their local context for both Lebanese citizens and Syrian refugees
- Teach the participants to identify and engage relevant stakeholders in change processes;
- Let the participants recognize the importance of inclusion and citizen participation to enable effective local governance
- 8 days training for 12 beneficiaries on: effective communication skills; negotiation skills; stakeholders analysis, inclusive governance and training of trainers module.
- Coaching participants in groups to develop 3 back home action plans that were presented to the ministry as project proposals.