Between 2015 and 2017, The Hague Academy gave a series of trainings in various European countries. The LADDER project aimed at “supporting actions in the EU aiming at raising public awareness of development issues and promoting development education, to mobilise greater support for actions against poverty and for fairer relations between developed and developing countries and to change attitudes to the issues and difficulties developing countries and their peoples are facing”.
- Increase capacities of local authorities as drivers for development
- Improve cooperation between LAs and CSOs at all levels (European, National and Local) 3
- Improve information of EU citizens on development cooperation (promoting the EYD 2015 and onwards).
- Enhance methods and tools for promoting development education and awareness raising
- Raise awareness of the interdependencies between the European Neighborhood and Europe
- The Hague Academy developed and delivered three international 3-day training workshops on ‘Development Education and Awareness Raising´.
- The project had 26 partners and 20 associates