This five year programme, financed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands (Addressing Root Causes fund) and implemented by VNG International, ZOA and War Child Holland, aims for strengthened, inclusive and resilient communities, positively influencing inclusive, transparent and accountable decision making on development and security planning (including budgeting) by local authorities in the east of the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
The programme’s intervention zone is located in the Kalehe Highlands (South Kivu), more specifically in the Territory of Kalehe, the Buhavu Chiefdom, and its four localities: Buzi, Ziralo, Mbinga North and Mbinga South. The territory of Kalehe has been selected as one of the six priority zones of South Kivu in the context of the second phase of STAREC / ISSSS.
The Hague Academy, as an implementing partner of VNG International, is responsible for delivering several capacity building activities on the topics of inclusive governance, gender, leadership, conflict sensitivity, integrity and anti-corruption. The capacity building modalities used include direct training of beneficiaries, training of trainers (ToT), coaching national trainers and facilitating action plan follow-up workshops. The project runs between 2018 and 2021.
- Build the capacities of a team of national trainers to become effective VNGI / THA trainers and coaches;
- Strengthen the capacities of the team of national trainers and programme beneficiaries (CSOs and Local Authorities) one the topics of inclusive governance, gender, leadership, conflict sensitivity, integrity and anti-corruption;
- Accompany local authorities to apply gender and conflict sensitive leadership in local security planning, annual investment planning and budgeting;
- Support the CSOs and local authorities to develop and implement gender action plans at organisational level;
- Support the CSOs and local authorities to develop and implement integrity and anti-corruption action plans at organisational level;
- ToT graduates, series of training of trainers, action plans on gender and integrity, action plan follow-up workshop.
- VNG International
- War Child Holland