Throughout 2018, The Hague Academy delivered several trainings in DRC within the framework of the “Consortium for the Integrated Stabilization and Peace of Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo” programme (CISPE).
The main goal of the capacity building activities was to strengthen the capacity of CSOs an provincial, territorial and chiefdom level authorities on: (1) conflict & gender sensitive leadership and (2) on integrity and anti-corruption strategies. All beneficiaries of the trainings are involved in the development and implemention of participatory and inclusive local security plans in the programme intervention zones. Both trainings were implemented in Goma (intervention zone North Kivu) and Bunia (intervention zone Ituri).
“This is about building trust and providing local security from a governance perspective,” said Samir Marmouri, The Hague Academy trainer. “Local authorities, in coordination with traditional leaders and civil society actors, are creating community-focused security plans intended to mitigate conflict stemming from land disputes, tribal disagreements, and corruption.”
- Improve the level of knowledge on leadership (concepts, styles and theories), conflict and gender sensitivity, integrity and anti-corruption;
- Identify common obstacles and challenges to their leadership and formulating tailored solutions;
- Analyse roles, power, principles and politics needed to make positive change as a leader ;
- Apply conflict and sensitive leadership in local security plans;
- Strengthen the capacities of CSOs and local (group, chieftaincy, territorial) and provincial governments in terms of promoting integrity and fighting corruption;
- Develop action plans at organisational level to promote integrity and the fight against corruption.
- Two trainings given on leadership (North Kivu and Ituri)
- Two trainings given on integrity and anti-corruption (North Kivu and Ituri)
- Action plans developed to promote integrity and the fight against corruption.
- VNG International
- The International Organization for Migration