Projet d’appui à la gestion foncière locale (PFL) is issued by the Royal Netherlands Embassy in Benin and is to be implemented by VNG International between 2015 and 2018. A local team coordinates the implementation of the project in Benin, supported by specialised experts. The program aims to institutionalise land rights and land registration on a local level in line with the new Code Foncier et Domanial. The two municipalities of Dogbo and Klouékanmè will serve as pilots to set up the local organs to manage the Land Code (elaboration, actualisation and development of (security) instruments, maintain a permanent national dialogue to ensure feasibility and coordination of the Land Code on a national level).
Within this project, The Hague Academy for Local Governance has given a training on gender- and conflict sensitive land governance for stakeholders from the two municipalities. The training was conducted in June 2018.
- Capacity building and raising awareness of the participants of the need gender and conflict sensitivity in land management
- Explain the link between gender and land governance
- Equip the participants to contribute to a reduction of the factors that cause or contribute to tensions
- Equip the participants to contribute to strengthening the factors that are trying to reduce tensions or to unite people
- 16 participants from Dogbo and Klouékanmè have been trained on Gender and Conflict Sensitivity in Land Governance.
- VNG International