In 2017 and 2018, The Hague Academy received two groups from UN Women India and various Indian ministries. The objective of this program was to provide senior officials of different organisations working on local governance and gender issues in India, best practices of gender mainstreaming and women’s empowerment in The Netherlands. The programme covered the basic concepts of gender mainstreaming, gender analysis and the relationship between local governments and NGOs.
- Dutch governance system and inclusive and gender sensitive policies at national and local level;
- Looking from a gender lens in the cycle of gender mainstreaming of policy, project or programmes;
- Interaction between local governments and local actors (CSO’s/grassroots) in participatory planning;
- Developing interventions through application of intersectionality and gender analysis.
- A study visit and training on Gender Responsive Governance in The Hague for 16 senior officials working on gender issues and representing Central and State Governments and UN Women India MCO.
Partner: UN Women India MCO